Friday, March 26, 2010

Most of our mornings we greet our kid's in Parker's crib - and most of the time Bailey is laying next to Parker and they both are awake. More than a handful of times we ask Bailey not to wake Parker but at least they always seem pretty happy in the morning either way. Parker is a very low key girl; she kind of hangs out and takes in her surroundings. She's the kind of baby we just put down in the crib and she goes to sleep on her own... something that never occurred with Bailey. At first it was by accident, perhaps I was busy getting Bailey settled or out of the tub or something and I'd put Parker down to keep her in a safe place and when I'd come back she'd be asleep or she may have cried for a minute or less and by the time I got to her she was asleep. We quickly figured out this baby is different than Bailey and so we hopped on that sleeping train and a way we went - and it works most of the time.
Although I recall after the 1st month and I wasn't so sure about Parker or her sleeping routine - I called my friend Brandi who kept telling me; after she wakes up 1. Feed her, 2. Keep her up for an hour/change her diaper, 3. Put her down for her nap. We really kept to that routine and I think that was helpful - really thinking about the 'steps'. We continue on this routine as much as possible and it seems to work for this baby!


No comments: