Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Memorial day Camping trip

It's been too long since I've blogged..although I have a pile of work to do and a big 'to do' list It's been such a long time since I've posted a blog I felt this took precedence today!
Starting with Memorial day weekend and our really our 1st big camping trip in the van with both girls. Let me just tell you it was a lot of work! I feel like we have a lot of our camping stuff together - easy to grab, bins, most things like stove, chairs, table, etc... are already stored in the van. So why does it take so long to get everything together and pack to go? BUT once things are finally packed and we finally got in the van to head Southeast to Metolious River, just outside of Black Butte/Sisters area - the 'dry' side of the state. And the weather was great for us! Yeah... we had a nice crew camping with us, Scott and Kai, Catherine, John and Ava, Anna, Ron, Liberty and Asher, Conor and Sam. We did a nice hike on Saturday (long hike) and Dave and a few others got to go mountain biking on Sunday. I borrowed a bike in the morning and took both Parker and Bailey around and they both loved being on the bike. I really, really want new bikes! Hopefully before summer is over! Bailey had a new best friend after spending a few days with Liberty. Both Liberty and Asher were great with Bailey...and I couldn't have imagined how much more busier we would have been if they weren't there entertaining Bailey. Because camping just isn't the same now with 2 kid's!! We were happy to get outside and wake up to the outdoors!

No comments: