Saturday, June 14, 2008

Prefontaine Classic 2008

I love sitting in these new seats in 'Caps Corner' at Hayward Field in Eugene, OR - future home of the upcoming US Olympic Track & Field Trials as well as US Outdoor Champs the next few years (and 2012 US Olympic Trials).
The meet was fun to watch and I was able to stay up for most of it until the very last event! We sat in other seats too right in front of the long & triple jump pits and at the finish line. That was exciting and my teacher Barb was sitting there as well and I got to sit with her and her family. Actually Barb came down to Eugene the night before and watched me while mom and dad went out to a work dinner. Barb and her kid's took me to the mall and bookstore and Marco read me stories. It was so fun to hang out with them and I know mom really appreciated her watching me.
Prefontaine Classic is a great track meet to see - http://www.preclassic.com/
It turned out to be a nice and sunny day which was great and after several days of cloudy skies we all enjoyed!

No comments: