Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Discovery Park - Seattle, WA



If you didn't look at the calendar you would think it was May with some of the nice weather we've been having. Luckily it was nice and sunny in Seattle as well as Portland for our weekend trip. Dave took the train up to Seattle for some work last week and we picked him up Friday as I took the day off and headed north with the kid's. Once I actually got the car packed, tank fueled and movie started for Bailey the drive started off very well. Parker was napping, Bailey was watching a movie and I was in my flip flops, short sleeve tee, sunglasses and ready for a nice road trip... although once we hit traffic more than a few times and Parker waking up and needing to be fed and my experience at the rest area with Bailey - I had other thoughts running through my head.
Although it all turned out fine and we picked David up and headed to Sammamish, WA just 25 min. east of Seattle to stay with Todd, Roxanne, Zoe and Jacob.
We discovered, Discovery Park which is the largest park in Seattle. Lot's of trails, meadows, woods and water... we had a picnic in a grassy area before taking a short hike to the views and making our way down to the water. The kid's enjoyed exploring and after our 3+ hour adventure Bailey was fast asleep in her new car seat (which isn't great for sleeping).

No comments: